Sunday, June 16, 2024
GeneralMAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER

MAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER

A MAN has been charged with attempted murder following a stabbing incident in Newcastle. Paul Quigley, of no fixed abode in Dundalk, County Louth, was charged on Friday with one count of attempted murder.

The PSNI has said that shortly before 7am last Thursday morning (the 24th of August) it was reported that a man in his 70s had been located in the Main Street area of the town with stab wound injuries. “He was taken to hospital for his injuries,” the PSNI statement added. The 47-year-old defendant has been remanded in custody at Maghaberry Prison to appear before Downpatrick Magistrates’ Court on Thursday the 21st of September.

The police have said their enquiries are continuing and they are appealing to anyone with any information to contact detectives on 101, quoting reference number 274 24/08/23.

“A report can be made using the online reporting form via www.psni.police.uk/makearepo rt. “Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”

Subscribe Today

Read the full article.

Full story inside this week’s print edition or Login/subscribe to access our Digital Edition & App

More articles

This website uses cookies. Using this website means you are okay with this. You can find out more and learn how to manage cookies by clicking the 'More Info' link.